I am writing this from my room in Mott's Hospital. I have an absolutely gorgeous view from my bed. All I can see are trees in their various shades of red, yellow and still some green. My two nurses are total sweethearts. I have the most beautiful family pictures on large canvasses and everyone seems to really enjoy looking at them
Kate drove to Ann Arbor last night and spent the night with us in our cozy apartment. We were up very early this morning, 5am, to be here at 6:30. My procedure where they implanted my neostar (port) was at about 7:30am. I will let you know I visualized some of you praying for me during some of the "ouchier" parts of the procedure and it really helped! I'm a little sore but I am sure it will heal up in the next few days. Some people go home for a few days then come back to be hospitalized, I am relieved that I was admitted same day so my nurses are doing the care. I know Den, the girls and my caregivers will be able to do it but for now we can just let the experts take care of things. It was so nice having Kate with us and the girls have done a great job of scheduling people so that Den can step out for just a bit, or have some companionship. They tell me I will be doing a LOT of sleeping prior to and for several days after the transplant. I would imagine the hours could be terribly long for Den so hopefully this will help.
I cannot give Mott's Hospital enough credit for their caring and wonderful staff. Everyone has been so warm and accommodating, what a great place! They would wait on me hand and foot if I needed them to.
My chemo begins at 5am and will be done by 10am each day. They will fly my blood (and I assume other's) to Seattle everyday to assess my blood levels to avoid any toxicity. No wonder this is such an expensive procedure! Is it just not so amazing what goes on in this world that we have no idea until it touches our lives?
So for those of you following "Jesus Calling", today was wonderful, what really stood out to me was, "making your thoughts a dialogue with Me" and "Remember the promise of my continual presence".
Tomorrow Juliet will be here and I am looking forward to that. It is so wonderful that she is only about 30 minutes from here. Then Jen on Friday and Sarah, Saturday and Sunday. I am pretty sure Beth will be here on Sunday. By Sunday afternoon my chemo will be done! Monday is my day of rest then transplant on Tuesday. If I get a time for the transplant I will let you know. I believe my donor's shots to stimulate her stem cells begin tomorrow. Please be praying for her. What a gift to a complete stranger!
I received a gift today that completely melted my heart. Evidently there has been a Facebook page regarding me and I received a clipboard (which if you were on my teams you would remember the clipboard!) with so many letters from young women whom I have coached. Honestly! Thank you Heidi for spearheading such a thoughtful gift. After reading those I could really have an enlarged ego, however we all know I am perfectly human and imperfect much of the time. What a treasure though, and what a wonderful gift. Again I feel so humbled to have so many people take time for me. How can anyone express their appreciation adequately?
Again I thank you for lifting me up. What a gift to have the love of so many. I am honored, I am humbled, I am grateful and I am so blessed. Yes, I will call the love and concern of so many a blessing because it is not something I have ever asked for nor did I ever expect it. My small group will appreciate that comment because I have difficulty calling many things a "blessing". This would definitely be a blessing!
Love To All, Peggy
Here is my address for those of you who wanted it.
Peggy Lintemuth
7 West, Room 50, Mott Hospital
1540 East Hospital Drive
Ann Arbor, MI
48109
No comments:
Post a Comment