Day #3 of chemo is coming to an end and mom is doing o.k. Not good, not bad, just o.k. As mom has told everyone who has asked, "I've been better". She is extremely tired and only eating out of necessity. On a positive note, mom has stated that she feels no bone pain and that is a first since April. As I write this I am actually watching her sleep, which she has done a lot of today. She had another "rough" night last night but, that gives us room for improvement tonight!
Mom's HGB (hemoglobin) is at 8.4 and once it gets 8 or below she will receive her first blood transfusion. That will probably happen tomorrow. Dr. Maginaw made his rounds today and was pleased with mom's "counts". He is looking at her white blood cells, platelets, absolute neutrophil count, hemoglobin and hematocrit (a % of blood in her blood). Mom's numbers are all going down and that is what we want. We are still anticipating the transplant to take place on Tuesday the 23rd in the afternoon.
Sarah
No comments:
Post a Comment