But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." 2 Corinthians 12:9
Saturday, August 23, 2014
BACK FROM ANN ARBOR
Good Morning Everyone!
Just want to update you on my latest visit. My labs were really good and I am well on my way to "normalcy", what ever that means to me! I am still on a heavy dose of steroids and have gained 11lbs. and am not sleeping well at night which are pretty normal side effects. I have been walking and am doing so much better.
I have had a lot of time to think while in the hospital and recuperating at home. The question that comes to me is: What did I ever do to receive such expert, loving care, clean and comfortable and concern from family, medical staff and all of you who are praying for me? I turn on the TV and see the suffering of so many and wonder "Why them and not me?" I don't know the answer to that and probably never will in this life. What I can do is pray and so I do. Just another mystery that someday we will understand. Just a little insight into my thoughts.
Dr. Magineau and I talked about my immunosuppressed system and what I need to do and not do for the foreseeable future. After 3 hospital stays since late Jan. I have had to do some soul searching. It is hard on my family when I get so sick and I will admit it's a little scary to me. Dr.M emphasized that I have to stay healthy. It is a real change for me that I am just starting to get. After all I was the one who took care of others. How many of you came to practice with all sorts of illnesses and I rarely got sick in spite of our proximity?
I am really rethinking where I go and what I expose myself to. I have no intention of becoming a hermit but need to proceed more cautiously than I ever have in my life. Again a time of processing for me.... I love company so if it works for you I would love to see you.
Now I am off to the Farmer's Market, it's an outdoor venue so I think I am safe.
Have a great weekend, I intend to. Grateful and appreciative for all of you and for a good recovery.
Grace and Peace, Peggy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment