Life is pretty boring at the apartment and that is how we like it! What I mean to say is, absolutely nothing exciting or out of the ordinary is happening. No infections, no graft vs. host, no fevers no anything and that is all good. We have gone back to the BMT Clinic 3 times this week. I have had blood draws each time so that they can calibrate my medication levels and change dosage to optimum levels. Dr. Magineau's PA told us today we are doing everything right so just keep with the program.
Den has turned into quite the nurse. I have 2 medications that require at home infusion. Not only can he manage the infusion he has also changed the lines by himself and changed my dressing around my neostar (the type of "port" that I have). He really does a nice job. Not only does he handle the infusion he cleans the kitchen, vacuums, does the laundry and all other households chores while I snooze. My IV infusions takes 5 hours so it gives me plenty of time to nap. I asked today when I can take oral magnesium instead of the IV, maybe in another month we were told. As much as I hate being on IVs for 5 hours, it does give me a good excuse to rest and I have to admit that I need it.
Every day we get out for an outing. Fresh air and walking are both good for me but boy after a while I am ready to get home to rest. We have eaten out for lunch a few times and tonight we went out for dinner. It does seem good to get out everyday.
All this "down time" has given me plenty of time to think and ponder. I feel as though the Lord is really teaching me a lesson about prayer which has always mystified me. I mean if He is sovereign and omnipotent who am I to ask for anything? Yet there is no other way to explain how well I am doing other than the literally hundreds of people who are praying for me. Seriously, I have been so lifted up, I will never forget it. Yesterday I sensed God saying to me, "do you get it now?" I believe I am starting to get it. I almost hesitate to say this because at any time graft vs. host can rear it's ugly head or other complications. My worst fear is that her cells didn't engraft and that my diseased cells are the ones multiplying. I have my first post transplant bone marrow biopsy the week after Thanksgiving and we will be looking for her stem cells. I feel it's only right to share my fears as well as the praise for healing to be completely honest with all of you. You can tell me not to worry and really I am not consumed by fear, but I do have fearful, fleeting thoughts that I have to deal with. I know that if any of the fears are realized my Heavenly Father will be there for me and with me as will all of you.
Please don't think of me as being sad and melancholy, because I certainly am not. I just shake my head and marvel at how I am doing.....I am doing so well!
So there is your update. Again, I appreciate your prayers, they comfort me greatly.
Grace and Peace to each and everyone of you.....Peggy
Thank you, Peggy, for your updates. I anticipate them. Love, Juliet
ReplyDeleteHi Peggy: We constantly have you on our hearts and in our prayers. I walk past your cabin quite often with our dog and look down and imagine you and your beautiful family running all over the beach and out the garage with fourwheelers and pray for you again. So glad you are feeling better. It is at times like these that God has a chance to minister His peace and grace and to assure us that He is in control and will work everything out for our good and His glory. Be assured of our continued prayers on your behalf. We love you.
ReplyDelete