Thursday, November 29, 2012

Day 37

Sorry for the lengthy delay in posting! I kept waiting for something exciting to happen so I could tell you all about it but.....zero excitement!

I did not know a person could sleep so many hours in a day. I would say 18 hours of sleep for me would not be an exaggeration.  Just. cannot. keep. my. head. off  the. pillow.  It makes for a very exciting day for Den as you can imagine.  He took a "get out of jail" card today and went to South Bend to (hopefully) watch our nephew Jarrod play for UK against Notre Dame today. Juliet was here today and Jen with Emma is spending the night, which gave me a new audience to sleep in front of.

I don't want to complain because I know I am doing well, but really the fatigue, shortness of  b reath and light headness really takes it's toll on me. I have some skin issues going on that may possibly be the beginning of gvhd.  I itch everywhere. It is pretty intense.  I have medicine for it but guess what the side effects are ?  That's right...fatigue etc. I see my Dr. at least once a week, on Monday so we will see what he has to say. For now I pop the pills and I sleep. Everything I read says it takes a year to feel normal and I am really beginning to believe it!

We have had some very welcome visitors, Alversons, Curtis', Jan Currey were here. Due to unexpected time at the hospital we only saw them for about 30 minutes.  Jane and Lynette came over too, we had a great time too! Juliet took me to my Dr. apt. today and Jen is spending the night.

"I have taken you along a path that has highlighted your need for Me, placing you in situations where your strengths were irrelevant and your weaknesses were glaringly evident. You have learned to thank Me for hard times and difficult journeys, trusting that through them I accomplish My best work ."

Thank you again for prayers, encouragement and all that you do to enable me through tough times.  I think I am beginning to really realize the length of this journey and my attitude is not always the best. Your presence in my life holds me accountable...thank you.

Grace and Peace, Peggy







No comments:

Post a Comment