Friday, January 31, 2014

I'M GOING TO BE HERE FOR A WHILE (January 31)

Good Afternoon Everyone,

As Beth told you I have been re-admitted to the hospital at UofM.  I finished all my meds a week ago today and by Sunday I felt myself sliding down hill. I be came extremely short of breath.  Just walking to the kitchen felt like a marathon, and I was gasping for air.  Long story short I was asked to come in.  I did and they (medical staff) did not like what they saw.  So here I am!

The cat scan of my lungs showed a more severe pneumonia than before. My lung capacity is REALLY low. Dr M and the nurses could not believe that I did not have the need for oxygen. I must have really efficient lungs.  Of course I have had many tests, blood work x-rays and a bronco scope with a lung lavage. So far all that is showing up is the RSV virus. We will wait for more results. Dr. M will not let me go home until we know exactly what is in my lungs and I significantly improve. I am in complete agreement with him. I am receiving such a high level of care. I am relaxed here because of the quality of care for me.

So my friends I accept that I may be here for a week or more. I am in a locked down mode.  You have to go through 2 doors just to get to my room! I am completely isolated.

One little side note to the women who were on one of my teams.  I don't know if you remember "your body will do exactly what your mind tells it to do".  That came back to me yesterday as I was being prepped for the scope going down my throat to my lungs. They started the procedure and had me inhaling lidocaine. To say it was vile barely scratches the surface.  I told myself, my mind will control my body so starting now, don't think about what it tastes like, think about inhaling deeply and my lungs etc. becoming relaxed. Don't let yourself think about choking and work with the test, don't resist.  The procedure itself was not bad at all and was over very quickly. My body cooperated and obeyed my mind. It turned into an amazing experience.

When you pray please lift up my family. This is really hard for them, it takes a toll on them emotionally and physically.  They are in the busiest years of their lives with work demands and raising their very active families. The girls are on the go and make it look easy. Those of us who raised families know exactly what I mean. So please keep them in your prayers.


Could I ever thank all of you enough for your friendship, love and concern?  I am humbled by my family and friends. I never dreamed of what a caring and loving support system I would have someday.

Grace and Peace,  Peggy

No comments:

Post a Comment