Our first swabbing event was a success! Thanks to Dr. Stout and Gordon Dentistry for hosting the blood drive and swabbing event. Thanks to all of our friends for taking the first step to save a life. It was really neat to be able to help educate people about Bone Marrow/Stem Cell transplants....spread the word :)
So many of you ask how mom is doing, she is doing ok. On good days she rests a lot and we may get out and about for a bit. She had a massage yesterday and she really enjoyed it. On not so good days she is in bed all day and spikes fevers. To relieve some of her discomfort and pain we rub her legs and do cold compresses. I think we are all interested to see what her transplant doctor will say on Monday. Again, please be praying for mom's donor. We are not sure if she knows she is "the match" yet. Pray that she is ready and willing.
I, like my mom, love to watch the morning news. This morning Robin Roberts interviewed a transplant survivor and her donor who met for the first time. Safe to say I shed a few tears.
Mark your calendars for October 23 at Grandville High School for our next swabbing event! You must be between the age of 18-44 to be swabbed.
Much love,
Beth
I'm just catching up on everything here and can hardly believe what I'm reading! I will pray for all if you - as each of you will need strength and patience. Also, I live in South Lyon, less than 15 minutes from Ann Arbor, if there is anything any of you need please let me know. I'd be more than happy to do whatever you need. I'll be sure to check back often. xoxo
ReplyDelete